Born from a desire to make diamonds more accessible and easy to wear, our made to order collection is organic and minimal in design, bringing a little understated luxe to your daily style.
We believe diamonds are far too beautiful to be reserved for engagement rings or special occasions which is why we have handcrafted stacking rings, pendants, stud earrings and hoops, all in 9ct gold.
Whilst we adore the rarity and uniqueness of natural diamonds, we are always trying to improve our sustainable and ethical practices which is why we chose to use only lab grown diamonds in this collection.
Let’s explore the pros and cons of diamonds vs lab created diamonds...
The traditional choice…
- Every natural diamond is completely unique and one-of-a-kind
- Diamonds are extremely durable
- Natural diamonds have a sentimental value to people and are the traditional option
- Diamonds are still an important source of income for many small scale miners in the Congo, switching entirely to lab grown alternatives could disfranchise these communities.
- It’s difficult to trace with 100% certainty the origin of the diamond and the issues of conflict or blood diamonds are still very present
- Even eco-friendly mines still create a significant carbon footprint and many of the practices used to mine diamonds have a negative environmental impact on the area
Lab created diamonds
Lab grown diamonds are created by using technology which replicates the earth’s natural diamond growing process which results in exactly the same physical and chemical properties as a natural diamond
- Lab grown diamonds are given the same certification and grading as natural diamonds
- They are identical in composition and hardiness to natural diamonds
- You can be sure of the ethical and sustainable qualities of a lab grown diamond
- Lab grown diamonds lose the one of a kind element that natural diamonds have as they are mass produced
Which do you prefer? Let us know in the comments!